Tuesday, February 24, 2015

MY LAST EMAIL.....February 23, 2015

WELL. This is the last email that I will be sending on my mission! This is just crazy!!! I can't even believe it...We had a good week, but it SNOWED big time this week! We got a huge snow storm and so a lot of people canceled on us, so it was rough because everyone canceled, but something amazing was that we got to hear from Elder Christofferson from the 12 apostles!!! It was AMAZING!! Words can't even describe the Spirit that was there. It was amazing. When he walked into the room and we all stood up, the spirit changed and you can just FEEL that he is an apostle of the Lord. We were graced by his presence for 2 hours. We also heard from Elder Soares from the Presidency of the 70 and both them and their wives spoke. It was so amazing. We got to ask Elder Christofferson questions for about an hour! He is so knowledgeable, obviously, but it was such an amazing, amazing time! I will cherish it for the rest of my life! 

Well we also found out on Saturday, that they are closing Bristol with Sisters. So Sister Gifford is being transferred somewhere else!  :( We are super sad, and it was really hard to say goodbye to all the wonderful members I've met out here, it is an amazing place!
 
As I am coming to the close of my mission, I have received a witness that I have done all that the Lord needed me to do. I have become the person He needed me to be and I have grown to know the Savior so much. I am very, very, VERY, saddened to leave. I hate it because I have loved my mission more than anything and to be surrounded by people with such good, high stands and servants of the Lord has been SUCH a blessing to me. I know that Jesus Christ knows exactly what we're going through in our hard times and He loves us UNCONDITIONALLY. Loving others is the most important and biggest thing I have learned on my mission. Learning how to see others how Jesus Christ does. It has been the biggest blessing in my life. The spirit that you feel on your mission is not like ANYTHING else. I hate that I'm coming home in the fact that I won't be a representative of Jesus Christ anymore. I cry every time I think about getting released on Thursday, but I know the Lord will be with me always. He is aware of everything that goes on in our lives, good and bad. He knows us and loves us. I know this Church is true without ANY doubt. I love the Lord so much.

Love always,
Sister Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment