Thursday, February 5, 2015

December 1, 2014



Well this week was great!!! Soo awesome! We met with Andrew, preparing him for his baptism!  Thanksgiving was SOO much fun!!! We played turkey bowl with the Elders and members in the Bristol and Abingdon wards! SO fun! We killed it! We won by 2. It was a BLAST! I caught 2 of the passes and made a touch down!!! whooo! haha. It was so much fun! Then we went to the Johnson’s and they had suuch good food :) and then we went to the RonQuillos! Oh my goodness! Dan is SUCH a good cook! He had 3 turkeys! 2 smoked and 1 baked. oh my gosh. I was in heaven! It was all SO good :) It was the best day ever!!

Then Andrew got baptized this weekend!!!! :) It was a great baptism! He is very happy with his decision!! and he had a great confirmation prayer :) It was so awesome :) We're so happy for him!

Sad news though, Sister Orton is getting transferred. :( We have both just died inside. I am going to miss her soo much! She is honestly one of my best friends! I can't believe we only got to spend a transfer with her!! We both have been crying all weekend...it's fine. :/ But since she's leaving....I’ve got news…. I am going to be training a brand new missionary from the MTC!!!! ahhh!!! I’m sooo super scared but really excited at the same time!!! So I’ll finish my mission (most likely) in Bristol. And so that means I’ll stay in another area for 7 1/2 months!!! That is freaking crazy....waaay too long!! haha But we'll see. But if I’m training, then I’ll be staying here for the rest of my mission! crazy!! But I’m excited to train! It will be interesting :)

This week has definitely been one of many great times, but also with challenges. Every week is :) and every day is! But it's the best thing ever! Our bishop spoke in sacrament yesterday and he gave an amazing talk. He talked on the Conference talk on Lord is it I? and I love that talk so much! He talked about how the Atonement can set us free of anything and he talked about how the whole downfall in the Book of Mormon can be summed up into one word. Contention. He read 3 Ne. 11:28-30. He said the same thing is happening in our world today. Contention is of the devil and it is foolish to think that we are not prone to Lucifer. Apostasy doesn't happen overnight, it happens little by little, and that is how Satan gets us. Then we watched His Grace is Sufficient by Brad Willcox for 5th Sunday. Such an amazing talk! Everyone go and watch it right now! haha.
All and all it was a fantastic week :)

I love you and miss you so much!!! I Hope you have a great week!
Love always,
Sister Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment