Thursday, February 12, 2015

February 2, 2015



Well this week was honestly one of the craziest weeks I’ve had on the mission! It was soo crazy! Just so many things happened! So first, the biggest highlight of our week was Amanda's baptism!!!!!!!!! :) It was such a good baptism! It was crazy because we ran into lots of roadblocks because her niece, Anna, was getting baptized as well from Abingdon, and since it was 2 wards, the stake presidency had to be there and then there was just a bunch of other crazy things that happened, but gosh dang it we made it happen :) and it was a great baptism! She is very happy with the decision she made and we're so happy for her as well :)

We also went on exchanges this week and that was crazy, but it was fun! I went with Sister Husted and she is sooo awesome! She's from Orem and I just love her :) She's great! We had a lot of fun and come to find out… when we got home, a cardboard house with 2 huge boxes of candy and I felt so defeated. Let me back up, this past Christmas, we had a candy war with the Elders, we kept dropping off candy back and forth and we finally won on New Year’s Eve...but tis not so. They totally beat us and so we took pictures of that.

Then we had district meeting this week and it was such a good one! The best part was that President came to visit...but for the worst reason! It was for my departing interview. I hated it, but loved it at the same time! It was a great interview, but of course I bawled my eyes out. He pulled out my application picture and info for my mission and a letter I had previously written to President Irion (1st mission president) and I bawled some more. The line that got me was at the very end, "I just can't wait to come and be a missionary." and I lost it. This has seriously been the greatest blessing and experience I have had thus far. President also talked to me about going on dates (which won't be a problem :) haha) and how after I get home, it's no longer about me, it's about him and them (referring to my husband and children) so yeah. It was great, but very emotional.

So it's just been crazy! It was a great week all and all :) I love being a missionary so much and I've just gone through so many emotions this past 3 weeks and preparing to come home. It's so hard. But I am excited to come home.

I love you and miss you so much! have a great week!
Love always,
Sister Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment