Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 15, 2014

Well this week was good. Same old stuff. We had Bobby and Debbie our best investigators come to church! and they are doing well :)  Bobby is still on for Sept. 27! He's doing so great! he's awesome! 

We got a lot of referrals for a fair and the church had a booth and they filled out a survey and asked if they would want to learn more! and we got 40 referrals! No lie..so we've been busy contacting people and trying to find new people to teach! We have had success! So we have lots of potentials!! Which is so great :) We have LOTS of people we're teaching! it's really awesome. we're just trying to help resolve their concerns and help them toward baptism! we had 3 investigators and church yesterday! and it was really awesome!

Other than that, I'm staying in Bristol with Sis. Merrell for another transfer! So excited! I love her to death! She's awesome. I plan on staying here until Thanksgiving! so we'll see! Sister Merrell and I are doing great! I love her so much! I'm excited to serve another transfer with her! She's wonderful. and hilarious, so we have good times, but we are busy doing the work! 

I'm loving life! All is well :) Sorry, no funny stories this week or anything, but the cool thing is that our mission did a mission wide fast this past fast Sunday to find those who are searching for the truth and it was a very powerful fast for me, lots of prayers answered and I know with surety that God is on my side, He's there leading me on. I love the Lord! :)

I'm doing good. I just have such a desire become better, Ever since I've been in Bristol, I feel like the Lord is constantly trying to teach me something, and humble me. I've learned a lot being here and it makes me want to do better. I want to be a stronger leader and constantly find more of the Lord's work to do! I don't have much time left on my mission and I want to serve diligently until the end! I love being a missionary more than anything, even though it's the hardest thing I've ever done! it's the best thing I've ever done.

We had a team-up (where a member comes out with us to see an investigator) and he shared an interesting story which touched me. But you hear stuff like this all the time but, he said that when he was 20, he was just in a place in his life where it felt like a stand still and he just felt an impression to go to a Mormon church. And he did. He didn't know why he was there. He had missed the service and it was all locked up, but he saw 2 missionaries in the building. The missionaries came out and asked if there was anything they could do to help him. and he said, I don't know why I'm here, but I just felt like I needed to come here. I don't know how you can help me. (if only every one just came up to us, that would be nice :) haha) and the missionaries started teaching him and he's been member for 25+ years now. And it just hit me. There ARE people prepared out here. There are. Sometimes we don't see the reason for our situation or why we are at a place in our life and our circumstances, but the Lord knows all things and he has a plan for each one of us, individually. He loves us. Sometimes we forget that. I know I have. But he does, always. He is there to strengthen us. I love the Lord and I love his work!

But yeah, I'm great! I hope you have a great week. I miss you and love you SOOOO much!!

Love always,
Sister Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment