Thursday, January 29, 2015

Nov 3, 2014

Read the Book of Mormon y'all :)



11/3/14

Well it snowed this weekend and it is freezing!!! But I’m doing great :) 
My Halloween  was good...except we had to be in at 4pm!!! crazy! So, we just hung out at the church with other missionaries! It was fun :) haha.

It snowed! It was soo cold on Saturday! We found a dead possum on the side of the road and took a picture with it...no big deal. haha. We had such a bad day that we just ended up getting cookie dough at the store...haha.

But all is well :) Things are going great over here! We have baptismal date with our investigator Andrew for Nov. 29! So that should be great! This is the 3rd time with him! But it should be good. He seems more committed. We laid down the law with him! We're like okay… if you're serious about this, we'll help you, but you have to be committed! 

We went tracting a lot this past week....haha it's interesting. Not the most enjoyable thing...but hey! I’m awkward anyways. And so the best story was this: it was my first time tracting in a looong time and same with Sis. Orton. We go to the door and she opens the door and I say, "Hey!........what's up?" and that is all I say....and she's like.....”We're Lutheran”. and we're like okay bye!....and she slams the door. hahahaha We couldn't help but die laughing...because I’m just too awkward for words :) haha. Good times.

But we found lots of awesome people but they end up dropping us at the end of the week...another reason why we went and got cookie dough :) No big deal.

All and all it was a great week! Paul L. came to church yesterday :) and Rick, Bobby, Sis. Stanton, and Debbie are all doing great :) Those are all the recent converts since July and they are doing wonderfully :) I love them all so much! they are so dear to me!

I've learned the wonderful principle of being diligent...haha oh man. when we do what the Lord tells us...He blesses us. He provides a way for us to do it!  I’ve seen Him help me through this week and strengthen me. The best tool we have is prayer...and let me tell you. I’ve never prayed so much in my life than I have in the past 3 months. Satan really knows how to get us...but the Lord is stronger. He is our strength. Prayer is the most powerful thing we have in this world. Our personal interview with our Heavenly Father. He loves us, so much! I am so grateful for that. 

I miss you and love you so much! 
Love always,
Sister Burr
This is Rick. He's so funny. This is a fish he caught many years ago haha.
Me, Sister Shurtleff and Sister Hunstman!  I love them so much! it was sooo great to see Sis. Shurtleff before she went home! I miss her and love her!
Hermana Collier and I :) I love her!

Me and Sis. Merrell's last picture!

Bristol Sign :)

It snowed! It's so cold! but I mean, my last name is Burr after all!

Sis. Orton and I :) she's amazing!

I love this because I went to school in Cedar City :)

Sis. Orton is from Cedar City! so we know so many people and it's great :)

I love her :)

dead possum

cookie dough!




No comments:

Post a Comment