Monday, September 16, 2013

The one month mark....


This month has gone by so fast and slow. I'm getting more comfortable with it. It's a lot of hard work, and one thing I love about my companion, is that she is a HARD worker, she's only got 5 months left so she wants to work work work, which is good, and exhausting. And we both love spicy things and put Frank's buffalo sauce on EVERYTHING. So, we get along well :) haha. I love being a missionary so much. It's the best and hardest emotional thing I've ever gone through, but I've already seen it bless my life in so many different ways!
One of the sister senior missionaries, Sister Casper, died on Saturday :( She was 69. She was always in bad health and she had heart failure and kidney failure. She wasn't doing well. It was very sad to see her pass away. All she wanted to do her whole life was serve a mission. So she died doing what she always wanted to do, serve the Lord, and that takes a LOT of courage and faith. I admire her.

This week has been extremely uneventful, everyone we went to see either wasn't home, had bad past experiences with missionaries or their house didn't exist, so we barely taught anyone this week, and with having zone meetings and stake conference, we didn't do a lot of teaching. So i've just been studying a lot and learning more about this wonderful gospel which I love so much.

Well I love you and miss you all! Keep your relationships up with God and as a family. Don't forget what's important out of our crazy lives.
I absolutely love the pictures you sent. Sadly I don't have any today. I didn't take any pictures this week. I will be taking more, though. I sent Brandee and Dave a letter about how happy I am that they are getting sealed. And Spencer sent me a letter. It was the cutest thing of my life!! He's so cute! I love that whole family!
I love you and miss you SO much. I wanted a hug from you the other day :( but it's okay, when I get home, I know you'll give me a great big hug.
Love always,
Sister Burr.

No comments:

Post a Comment