Friday, August 1, 2014

July Emails and a Transfer!!!


July 28, 2014

Well we had a fantastic week this week!
We found some new investigators this week! Kim and Tim Isham and we taught them the Restoration on Saturday and then they came to church the next day!!!!! We were SOO stoked about that! it was awesome!!!!
We had a talk with a preacher this week...hahaha but we laid it down! Without pulling out scriptures and stuff...haha! Ahh it was an adventure!

So I’m getting transferred this week! Finally haha but I really will miss Rockwood! But I’m so excited for a new area! It will be a fresh new start!

Me and Sister Crapo are awesome. She is such a wonderful person!! I’m sad to leave her but she will do great things! I know she is a wonderful missionary!!
I'm excited to go to a new area, and I’m excited to help others in another place. I'm sad to leave Rockwood but I’m excited for the things ahead!

Have a great week!

Love always,
Sister Burr


July 21, 2014

Well we had a great week this week! We had a busy week. We went on exchanges also. Sister Malloy came here to Rockwood. It's my 3rd exchange with her and we had an AWESOME exchange! It was so great! We set a date with some of mine and Sis. Crapo's investigators and we made lots of progress! Plus I learned so much from Sis. Malloy. She is soo inspiring to me! She is fantastic! I love her :) She is such a great example to me!

So we had 3 baptismal dates but we had to drop them all because they were supposed to come to church yesterday to make their date, but they didn't show up :( it was sad...so ya. But it happens! It’s apart of missionary work! And that is pretty much all that happened. We're going to try and get another date with our investigators and try to make more progress.

President Griffin has asked us to "bury a weapon of rebellion" like the sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. So I have decided to bury "comparing myself" unto other people and just in general. It's something I do ALL the time! So I'm going to bury that weapon of rebellion because we are all individual and special in our own ways! If everyone was the same, it'd be pretty boring! That is for sure! haha. But I can tell that my work here isn't done, even though I’ve been here for sooo long! And transfers are July 30. So, I’ll know if I’m getting transferred or not on Sat. so I’ll let you know next week!

I miss you and love you so much!!!
Everything is going fine here. I love being a missionary :)

Love always,
Sister Burr



July 14, 2014

We had a great week this week! Very, very, busy!! We got 5 new investigators this week! That never happens! So it was so great!!
We have a baptismal date with an investigator: Tony Morse. He's funny. For Aug. 2! We’re excited. We are gonna start teaching a recent converts wife, Whitney Agne! She’s awesome! We are sooooooo excited for that!
And yeah! Great things are happening here! Sister Crapo is soo awesome! She’s hilarious. I love her! She’s very energetic and full of love!
I'm doing so great. Loving the work and the people! I've been stressed out lately though because I want to do so many things before I leave this area...which I believe will happen in 2 weeks. So yeah! I love the people here...it will be hard to leave.
Other than that, all is well and great!

Love always,
Sister Burr



July 7, 2014

I have funny stories this week:

Story 1: We chased an ice cream truck down the street...didn't catch him. The Beyer’s wanted ice cream so we were trying to chase it down...annnd we related it to the gospel! People are running after us and we're trying to give out our ice cream...and sometimes we go too fast! Crazy.

Story 2: Then we got a new investigator who was on a motorcycle!! He was staring at us at a 4-way stop and we were walking so we went up and started talking to him and we're like hey can we come teach you what we believe?? And he's like yeah sure!! And we were like siiick! And his name is Clint Redwine. Just see it. Brother Redwine. Legit :) haha it was great.

Story 3: We had another intruder at our house at 4 am!!! So, we get this banging on the door at 3:45 am and I was like are you kidding me?? Not again...not another drunk guy...hahaha. Ahhhh goodness. Then we called 911 and they sent a cop over and we started talking to him, he was like does so and so live here? And we were like no...It’s just us and he was like sorry that was me 10 min ago knocking on your door. And we were like whaaat? And he was like yeah I was looking for this guy and I knocked on the wrong house. haha it's 4am! And like any other southern person, he's telling us his life story and I’m like…. ok. Come on. It’s 4 am...I’m tired!! And then Sis. Crapo is like wait!! And she runs back into the back room and grabs a pamphlet and a card and was like will you take this? haha Yessss doing missionary work at 4 am. Great times. hahaha ahhh goodness.

Then we spent 4th of July at Zone Meeting. Best zone meeting I’ve had yet!! It was soo full of the spirit and I learned soo much! Then President Griffin is legit!! He’s so awesome :) he's really happy to be here and just has a funny sense of humor. Me Gusta. :)

Then we went to the Williard’s and the Beyer’s...we were SOO stuffed...and then we had sparklers and bottle rockets to shoot off. it was fun time :)

I love being here in Rockwood still! It’s such a fun time :)  I love being a missionary! I say it every week but it's soo true :)

I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend and I love you so much! Have a great week!
Love always,
Sister Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment