Monday, March 3, 2014

Happiness is a choice!

Hello!
Well your emails always make me miss you guys even more!
Tell Darren happy late birthday for me! Thanks.
haha I wish I could see how big Ryan is! Tell Ryan I think it's awesome that he's doing track! That is so awesome! I miss them all SO much! man. Well, I only got a year left! Can you believe it! It's gonna be flying by! Good news is that I get to talk to you in like 2 months!!! yay :)

Well this week was really good. It was a slow week, but it was good.  We met with Pat P. and are getting everything ready for her baptism. We are so excited for it! It is Mar. 11. It's a Tuesday, which is unusual for a baptism, but it works for her! She's excited. We were able to see lots of less active members this week and it's been a rather slower week. We are looking for new investigators, and that is our focus this next week - to open our mouths and keep having faith. This week has reminded me of the scripture Ether 12:6. We receive a witness AFTER the trial of our faith. It has been definitely a faith tester this week. Faith is something that is so important to me, it's literally everything. It's the basis of our church, it's the ground we walk on to stand and climb higher.  My faith has been tested and strengthened throughout my whole mission, but really this week has tested my faith and my trust in God. I know that it is SO important to just trust in God.

The Sister Training Leaders gave us the challenge of reading the Book of Mormon in a week, I'll have you know that I accomplished it! Yes, it was HARD, but just like everything else in life, if it isn't hard, it's not worth it.  If we don't work in our missionary work, in our jobs, in our lives, it's not going to be worth it. It's not going to mean anything when it's over.  We don't learn unless it's hard. Sometimes it's easy, but the most rewarding experiences are when it's hard and we become humble and realize that we are nothing without the Lord's help!
Something I realized while reading the BOM in a week, is to have faith and trust in God. He knows us better than we know ourselves, and it's hard to trust in that sometimes, but it's true. That is what I have learned this week and continue to strengthen my testimony.

Sister Turner, Shurtleff, and I are doing so well! They are so funny! I love them both so much. I've learned so much from both of them.  From Sister Turner, I've learned diligence, to be proactive in my teaching, commitments and teaching ability. She's so awesome. I hope to become like her in some of those ways as a missionary. She's fantastic. Sister Shurtleff is so funny! She's a ball of sunshine and so positive and happy. She loves the Lord a lot. She loves people. I hope to become more like that! With these companions, I've learned that we all have different strengths and weaknesses. The Lord has called me, Lindsi Burr, to be a representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ, to bare witness of him in this doubting world.

I have it so good here! I have a great area, great companions, the Lord is on my side, what could be better? It has been a rough week, but I think all weeks are rough, that means growth. But the trick is to find the joy in the journey, Just as we have heard from our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. My grandpa has always said that happiness in a choice. IT'S SO TRUE! We choose our attitude and how we take everything that happens to us in our life. We are going to strive to get more new investigators this week. 

It's been real cold here too...not too fun. They have this thing called freezing rain! It's so cool! It's kind of like raining ice...it's crazy. Everything FREEZES! It's so cold. it's happening right now outside...the weather here scares me. ha! ahh. It's okay. The Lord won't let me die yet, I've got too many people to see and thing to do. I'm too important to die :) haha. just kidding. The Lord is on my side!
anways,
I love you guys and miss you SOOOOO much!!! I hope everything is going well! tell the little munchikins I said Hi, i love and miss them! and kooker!
I love you mama!
Love always,
Sister Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment