Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas time!!!


December 30, 2013

I am soo grateful that I was able to talk to my wonderful family on Christmas!! I was so happy to see your smiling faces and I just was filled with joy! I'm glad y'all had fun in Phoenix! I’m jealous!! That's great. I miss y'all so much! And I love y'all even more!! 

SO this week was great! On Christmas Eve, I committed Mary for baptism!! We have been planning to for a while now and it was so great. I was so nervous but I've learned on my mission to have your faith be bigger than your fears and just to go and DO IT!! So, I did and I asked her with such power! I said, "Mary, we want to invite you to act on your faith and your knowledge that you have. Will you be baptized by someone holding the proper authority?" and she said yes! It was such a great moment in my mission.  I felt so empowered and it was a feeling I’ll never forget. :)

Christmas was great! The greatest thing about it was that I got to talk to my family! It was so good to hear their voices again and see their faces. I got lots of great things from my parents! I got clothes, candy, yoga DVD’s (which I will use in my morning workouts :)) and I got a GPS because the roads out in Tennessee, Virginia and Kentucky are RIDICULOUS!! So, it's kind of like an unspoken rule to have a GPS on a mission. It helps SO much. 

We visited people in the hospital and in the nursing homes on Christmas and it was so good to just spread joy on the wonderful day! The rest of the week, we have just done our regular thing with visiting people and teaching lessons.

This Saturday, we found out who is leaving, transfer info.  SOO, I’m leaving! Ahh! I'm getting transferred somewhere else and I won't know until Monday!! Ahh. So, I’m nervous because I won't be with Sister Cady anymore. It's always scary to leave your comfort zone but I feel so prepared. Because like I have said over and over, I’ve gained a confidence I’ve never had before in my life. I'm scared to go to a new area with a new companion...but I know the Lord has bigger things in store for me. I've grown so much. Sister Cady has told people that I have grown more than any other of the girls she has trained, and I’ve grown faster than any other missionary she has ever seen, which is a huge compliment to me because she really, really, really is such a phenomenal missionary. Like the best of the best. So I got the best trainer anyone could honestly ever have. So, I’m sad to leave her. She's amazing.  I've grown so much just as a person, knowing who I am and having the confidence to help people overcome challenges and concerns so that they can know the joy of the truth of this restored gospel on the earth.  
I can't believe how much my mission has impacted me already. I love it so much.  

Anyways, I am being transferred Wednesday. I'll let y'all know next Monday!! Pray for me! Ha-ha and wish me luck!

I just miss y'all so much!! I love y'all even more!!! Talk to you next week :)
Love y'all!!
Love always,
Sister Burr (:


December 23, 2013

Hey y'all!
Well, this week was great! We saw lots of people and just had great meetings and actually we had 2 baptisms this past Saturday! They aren't technically ours...but they are half ours because they lived half here and half in Kingsport, TN.  And their home is in Kingsport. So they have to have their records in that ward. But we taught them half the lessons and helped them grow so much! So, in my heart I count them as mine, haha. They are Debbie and Hunter. I have told y'all about them before, but they got baptized at our building and confirmed at Kingsport. So that was a great baptism! I’ve NEVER felt the spirit that strong when they entered the waters of baptism. It hit me like a brick wall. It was amazing. I could tell that she was forgiven of her sins and that God loves her so much! The church is great!

We have been seeing lots of people at the nursing home and hospital. For some reason our ward has been hit with a spell of cancer. So, there have been a few people that have been in hospitals and such. 

This is hard work. But it's so worth it. I've grown so much within this past week.  Just learning how to be more obedient, to be forward and just going off of impressions the Spirit leaves me, which is hard for me to just follow, but I'm learning. I know that through the power of the Atonement, all of our sins, hurt, and everything unfair in our lives can be made right. I'm so grateful for my Savior, that he suffered the ultimate and infinite sacrifice for me and for all of us. 

Oh, I forgot! Transfers are January 1st. So, we are pretty sure that one of us is leaving. We don't know who yet, but I will know this Saturday. We are pretty sure I’ll be leaving since this next transfer is Sister Cady's last transfer before she goes home. But we'll see! I love her. She's great. It'll be weird to get a new companion!

There is a Baptist church down the road that puts out a dinner once a month for anyone that needs a meal. The lady who puts it on is Maria. She is the sweetest lady and she really cares about others and she radiates love of the Savior to those who need it and she is so wonderful!
I love her so much :)

Other than that, it's just been a normal week of great stuff!
I love you and miss y'all so much! 
I can't wait to talk to you 12:15 your time mom!! It will be so much fun! I'm so grateful that I have a wonderful mother. You are literally the best mom. I don't know what I would do without you.
I miss y'all so much. I love y'all so much too!!

Love always,
Sister Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment