Sunday, December 1, 2013

11/25/13


We had a great week! We saw Chelsea and Jody on Monday and Thursday.  We had a very powerful lesson with them on Thursday about recognizing the spirit and recognizing how the spirit answers us.  And they both came to church yesterday and we asked him to come to church with a question and reaffirmed him that he would receive an answer.  He did! he says that he sort of received an answer, but we we're like, "No! You so did!" He has come a long way and we told him he won't have a perfect knowledge of everything, he doesn't have to, all it takes is faith. He is progressing well. Chelsea would run to the waters of baptism if she could tomorrow! She is so great!

We have lots of other investigators progressing, Noah, Mary, Debbie and Hunte (they actually live in Kingsport but Irvan is Debbie's father-in-law, who is in the bishopric in my ward, and they have been coming to church up here). We had a very intensely powerful lesson with them after church yesterday about the Plan of Salvation.  It was a very simple, yet powerful lesson.  The spirit touched everyone in the room SO much! It was great! We plan to meet with Mary this next week and commit her for baptism. Debbie and Hunter were committed for baptism by the Kingsport Sisters so they are progressing well!

As far as Joe, he has been out of town for 2 weeks now in Atlanta, and we aren't sure when he's getting back but he should be back within this next week.  We are going to set a new date for him and help him with the Word of Wisdom.

Me and Sister Cady are doing great.  We did weekly planning and we had a good companionship inventory.  We were able to talk about how we can strengthen our teaching with unity and power of the spirit and teaching by the spirit.

I know I've come a very long way from when I got here, I've got lots more growing to do.  This week I was able to realize that I'm just teaching the same way to everyone.  I'm not teaching people instead of lessons.  If I want the spirit to be in my lessons and be led by the spirit, I can't just throw the lessons in their face.  I need to teach them, and their personal needs and concerns. Even though it still scares me to teach, I need to be thinking about my investigators, how I can help them, and the way I teach them, instead of just shoving doctrine down their throats. 

I can't even explain to you how glad I am that I came on a mission. I've grown in ways that I didn't know I needed to grow.  There isn't any other way I would have it. I love being in this mission, with all of these wonderful missionaries that are such unreal examples to me.

Umm other random things..We went jogging in a graveyard, we went to a baptism in Harlan, KY (they haven't baptized for a while so it was great! one of the most powerful baptisms I've ever been to!) So other than that...nothing else has happened.  It's getting freezing here!! Yesterday was sooo cold! and with humidity...it's like 4x colder.

We are going over to the bishop's house and 2 other houses for Thanksgiving...pretty sure I will gain like 17 lbs. No big deal or anything.

This week I received a letter from Dad's ward, and all the Young Men and Young Women wrote me their testimonies. It made me cry so much!

Mom if you could just forward the following to Sister Terry so she can read it off to the young women in church or something like that:

Sister Terry and young women and young men,
Thank you SO much for your testimonies and your signatures and that picture!!! It made me cry so bad! I LOVED it :) Thank you so much for all of your uplifting words. You ALL are SO much more prepared than I ever was to go on this mission. You all have such strong testimonies which is so inspiring to me.  Thank you for your words of love, joy and words that come from God.  I'm not kidding when I say I believe, no, I KNOW, that every single young women needs to go on a mission.  Young Women, If you are having thoughts about preparing for a mission, DO IT!! GO. I know from your testimonies that you would make such great missionaries. You faith and diligence in God is just remarkable.  Being on a mission is hard. I've learned so much about this church, Jesus Christ and about myself more than I ever have in my life.  I know with every thing I have in my soul that this church is true. Going on a mission is hard, but that's with everything that is worth anything. I didn't say it'd be easy, but i can tell you with 140%, that it is completely worth it. I've learned so much about love, self confidence, self-respect, trusting in our Savior, Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it is another testament of Jesus Christ.  I know that the Lord is hastening his work, that is why the age changed. All Young men AND young women need to go on missions. That is my testimony.  This is the greatest thing I have ever done in my life so far.  The only time that it talks about happiness in the bible is John 13:17. This is when Jesus Christ is washing the feet of his disciples and it says, happy are ye if ye do them.
"If we have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work."
D&C 4
If we serve God and others, that is when we are really happy. I've never been happier in my life than I have being on a mission. PLEASE. GO. PREPARE. :) I know ALL of you can do it. It doesn't matter what you've done in your life, you can be forgiven of ALL your sins, you can be endowed with power on high from the Holy Ghost and you are able to have eternal life.
I love you all SO much. Thank you for your testimonies and faith. You guys are the rising generation and I know that you have so much power and would make excellent missionaries. all of you. :) I love you all and don't think that I have forgotten about you guys! You guys are in my prayers daily! Don't let your testimony waiver. All you gotta do is the simple things. Read. Pray. Church. Primary answers right?? Exactly. That is all that there is to it. But do it with a sincere heart, and God will answer EVERY question, doubt, fear you have. I love you all! Thank you for your diligence and prayers :)
Love always,
Sister Burr.

Thanks mom :) you can put what I said to Sister Terry on the blog too. Whatever works.
I love you and miss you SO much! I hope you guys have a great week!
Love always,
Sister Burr.

No comments:

Post a Comment